Katherm HKEC tangential fan-assisted convection for heating or cooling.
State-of-the-art EC tangential fans with low power consumption ensure energy-saving operation combined with low sound levels. The fixing system in the floor trench, perfected over many years, which also incorporates sound decoupling ensures that the unit can be quickly and easily removed for cleaning and maintenance.
It's unique! The Katherm HK can be cleaned simply and easily, thanks to its well thought-out design in accordance with the requirements of the Hygiene Directive VDI 6022. The Katherm HK is hygienically flawless, thanks to improved condensate discharge in cooling mode, coupled with the ease of cleaning of the condensate tray.
Electric heating with a continuously variably controllable electric heating coil is possible in addition to water-based heating and cooling with the 2-pipe Katherm HK E version with an integrated electric heating coil. Compared to a pure 2-pipe system, the room user has the option of individually determining their room climate independently of the heating or cooling system setting. The use of Katherm HK E offers benefits compared to a traditional 4-pipe system, which also have a positive impact on the sustainability rating of a building.
The Katherm HK is equipped with intelligent KaControl room automation. It is factory-fitted and can be used for KaControl networks or for building automation systems, such as KNX, modbus or CANbus, and meets the requirements of the most modern building automation systems.
Available in a range of different trench widths and heights, the Katherm HK delivers an optimised output range for demand-led heating and cooling from the floor. With practical length increments and trench widths, the Katherm HK is the solution for the most diverse building requirements.
The arrangement and air guidance have both been optimised on the Katherm HK and guarantee maximum comfort levels in all rooms.The unit is enhanced with air flow-optimised roll-up and linear grilles.
We have the right grille for every installation situation – even with curves, angled and slopes.
In addition to our metallic optiline grilles made of aluminium, brass and stainless steel, we also have decorative wood grilles.
- Energy-saving, with flow-optimised impellers, cascaded arrangement as a continuous fan belt
- Easily removeable, plug & play fan
- Even air flow through convector
- Robust and whisper-quiet motor design
- Continuously variable control via external 0-10 V signal
- With anti-torsion device
- Made of the proven copper/aluminium combination, optimised for air flow and output
- Optionally available with projecting connections
- Painted graphite-grey
- Act as a finger guard for the tangential fan, filter frame, airflow baffle, grille seat and reinforcing stay to strengthen the trench
- For safe discharge of the condensate and simultaneous air guidance
- Specifically designed for simple cleaning in line with the hygienic standards
- Can be removed to the room side for ease of cleaning
- Condensate pump (accessory) to drain condensate, if needed
- Easy removal of tangential fan without tool
- Novl coupling/cone pin system
- Simultaneous sound decoupling
- For fast and safe wiring, saves installation time
- For the introduction of pre-conditioned supply air
- The primary air volume flow rate can be adjusted up to 60 m³/h air volume per module
- Number of modules can be selected according to trench length
- In a 2-pipe version for additional electric heating
- With integral, continuously variably controllable electric heating coil
- With built-in safety chain consisting of 2 safety temperature switches
- Sustainable 4-pipe system solution at the cost of a 2-pipe system
UN high-rise building "Kleiner Eugen", Bonn
UN high-rise building "Kleiner Eugen", Bonncontinue
Schloss Elmau Retreat, Elmau-Klais
Schloss Elmau Retreat, Elmau-Klaiscontinue
TÜV Certificate ISO 9001:2008
PDF (133 kB)
EU Declaration of Conformity Katherm trench heating
PDF (457 kB)
PDF (20.6 MB)
Overview Trench Systems
PDF (6.7 MB)
Convection and Radiation
PDF (1.2 MB)
Information sheet DIN EN 16430 for trench heaters
PDF (683 kB)
Overview Katherm supply air versions
PDF (4 MB)
Kampmann hotel references
PDF (6.2 MB)
Katherm HK trench heating
PDF (17.3 MB)
BIM data (Building Information Modeling)
Kampmann Group BIM data
Katherm HK trench heating
PDF (7.8 MB)
Katherm HK, brief instructions
PDF (3.8 MB)